Thursday, August 6, 2009

Puked, Locked Out, Rebooted, and Rained On.

Yesterday I went to run a couple quick errands. Nothing big. Get a flashlight for my Mom at Office Depot, and pick up some medicine at Walmart. Earlier in the day I ate some egg rolls. By some, I mean like six. Six big egg rolls, that really filled my belly. Stuffed, I went into Office Depot and started to look around at all the stuff I can't afford... then WHAM! Too much in my belly, some of it had to get out. Ran to the bathroom, took care of some business. Feeling woozy, I got Mom's flashlight and went to Walmart.

Still feeling woozy and getting tired on top of that, I got out of my truck, closed the door and started to walk away. I heard my engine running, turned, grabbed the door handle and... FUCK! I locked my keys in the truck, with the engine running! This isn't the first time I have done this. Way back in 2003 I did the same thing when I was working at Albertson's. I had to get a co-worker to take me home to get a spare key. This time, however, I was lucky enough to get the Walmart security guard to use a jimmy stick to pop open my door. I didn't think he could since it is a power lock, but I guess I am stupid in that regard. Thanks security dude!

Once that was done, I spent what felt like an eternity in line at the pharmacy for my medicine, and once I got my turn, the lady that was taking my info had to restart her computer because the program for her POS (Point of Sale) froze. I finally got my medicine and walked out of the store, into a rain storm.

Even though I had a crappy day, I am still happy to have had it. Now I know that I cannot eat six gigantic egg rolls, and I bet I will remember to take my keys out of the truck with me when I get out. Life is Good.

No comments: