Monday, March 3, 2008

Vista isn't that bad.

Call me un-educated, or mis-informed. Call me naive, or ignorant. Call me what you will. I just don't see the problems with Windows Vista that everyone else seems to see. I have had a computer with Vista for about eight months and have yet to have any serious concerns. In fact, compared to my 2004 model computer which ran on XP, my new computer is awesome. My old computer was a Geo Metro, and the new one is like a Cadillac. The only complaints I have are centered around the user interface of Vista and Internet Explorer 7. I find the UI to be be rather clunky and unyielding. The orientation and location of items throughtout Vista doesn't seem to be as user friendly as XP, and moreover, Mac's OS X. Furthermore, Internet Explorer constantly decides to stop working everytime I have more the ten windows open. This, of course, happens when I am working on a large project and need all of those windows. I think I will switch to Fire Fox before all is said and done. Overall, however, I have not had the compatiblity problems or driver issues, or crashes that I expected to have to tackle. I think that maybe I benifited from waiting a year after its initial release. Most of the serious bugs, that I can tell, have been worked out. That said, I think my future lies in the intergration of running Vista in a virtural machine within Mac OS X.

No comments: