Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Feeling the Strain

I am starting to feel the crunch of not being in the military, at least from a finacial standpoint. I don't have many bills, but what I have are whoppers. I pay 532.oo a month for my truck. 130.oo a month for my insurance. 100.00 to my parents. 112.00 to Uhaul for a storage unit. I also have been paying my girlfriend's car insurance, another 150.00. Add to that gas, some food, and oh my word, something to do here and there, and poof! No money. I really miss the 2500.00 every two weeks from the Air Force. Now, I earn a 1000.00 for the month! I have got to get a better paying job, and my girlfriend has got to find work as well. I understand it is hard, so I can' be too hard on her, and I know she is trying. Still, I am afraid that I will have to ask her to seek help from her parents with her insurance, and I will have to get help from my parents for the Uhaul payment. I feel so lucky that we both have a support system in our parents that is there to help us.

To help ease the strain, I am working on a number of small projects that when put together, should help some. First and foremost I am looking for better paying work. First on that list is asking for a raise at my current employer, which is possible considering that a better paying position is coming available. Then, I am seeking a better job in general.... at this point, if digging ditches pays more I will do it. Beyond that, I am going to apply for any assistance that I may qualify for. Most likely this will come in the form of food stamps, but that is still a long shot. I know I have money coming to me from a service connected disability claim through the VA, but I have yet to get that ball rolling. I am pushing the ball now. I am also kinda computer smart, so I will venture into the world of online sales in some form. I will set up a store, where I can sell t-shirts, or stickers, or something. I have a lot of old things in storage that my get a few bucks on eBay, and I may be able to do some freelance photography. I may even spend a day or two a week picking up cans for recycling. Anything at this point to make a buck.

Times are tough, and getting a little tougher, but I am confident that I can shape things up and pull through. I know this because I have the love and support of my family and friends. Now, off to make some money.

No comments: