Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Installed Kodak ESP 3 today

I installed a new printer on my Macbook today. It is a Kodak ESP 3 All-in-One. Seems like a nice, get the job done printer. I will be scanning old family photos and printing new digital prints with it in the coming weeks. Maybe a review is in order.

This new installation is courtesy of my Mom. She desperately needed a new printer to replace the craptastic one she is currently using. It is an HP (the model name eludes me) and is a piece of junk. So we got the Kodak. I already had my own HP printer that works great. Mom decided that she wanted mine, so I will be installing that one on her PC in the next day or so. As a result, I get the Kodak. Works for me so long as the printer does its job.

I don't do a ton of printing these days. Anything too fancy I take to the photo lab or print store. Mostly, I print webpages, resumes, emails, and ToS agreements. My family photos project should run the gambit of the capabilities of this new printer, and I look forward to shorting through the options on both the hardware and software.

No comments: